Subject: Re: [boost] compile time parser generator
From: Simonson, Lucanus J (lucanus.j.simonson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-01-10 13:37:44

From: Ábel Sinkovics
>You can compile embedded strings into template metafunction classes.
>I've added an example EDSL + parser for template metaprogramming lambda
>expressions
>(https://github.com/sabel83/mpllibs/tree/master/libs/metaparse/example/meta_lambda).
>Here is how you can use it:
>
> typedef META_LAMBDA(2 * _) metafunction_class;
>
> metafunction_class::apply<int_<13>>::type
>
>Note that it has a significant effect on the compilation speed of the
>C++ code.

I assume you mean a significant negative effect. This is to be expected. We need to push the compilers to improve. If we can be more expressive but the compilers don't support it well then the compilers must improve. That's one role that boost serves. New usage shouldn't be expected to work well. We are doing things that no one would think to test because no one has done them before.

Luke