Subject: Re: [boost] [context review] Performance questions
From: Antony Polukhin (antoshkka_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-01-10 15:06:26

2012/1/10 Nathan Ridge <zeratul976_at_[hidden]>:
> std::forward is in <utility>.
>
> I didn't know there was a boost::forward - what is the purpose of it?
>
> Regards,
> Nate

It is a part of Boost.Move library
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_48_0/doc/html/boost/forward.html
. Works like std::forward, when there are rvalues, otherwise tries to
emulate them.

2012/1/10 Oliver Kowalke <oliver.kowalke_at_[hidden]>:
> Am 10.01.2012 19:32, schrieb Antony Polukhin:
>> 3) Moving context between threads is described in documentation but is
>> not tested in tests.
>
> I'm not shure if it should be tested - it's not the focus of the lib?!

May be you are right. I`ve proposed it, because it potentially can
give some better results in error detections (For example you switch
contexts, do some work, than switch back. There is a small chance,
that some data/register was not stored in context and was not changed
between context switches. When you move context to another thread,
there is almost no chance that data/register in different threads will
match, so there will be easier to detect error/unstored data.)

Best regards,
Antony Polukhin