Subject: Re: [boost] Request for Interest in several Modules
From: mloskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-01-11 16:46:44

Artyom Beilis wrote

> I have several modules/libraries I developed and released under Boost
> License.
>
> - CppDB Sql Connectivity

Artyom,

I'd really like to see CppDB proposed for review.
This would be a great opportunity to resurrect discussion
on design and implementation of super-duper C++ library
for communication with DBMS.

There is a great deal of history of such discussions:
- SOCI library has been considered as a candidate for Boost'fication [1]
- In 2009, BoosCon hosted std::rdb workshops [2] with plenty of discussions
[3]
- Jean-Louis Leroy worked hard to implement Boost.Rdb proposal [4],
discussed here too.
- number of ORM proposals (external) discussed

All these activities has died or suspended due to lack of time, interest,
consensus,
whatever...but the subject seems to be alive as from time to time people
ask for it, give new proposal, express interest, etc.

So, a real review of DBMS library could bring the topic back
and perhaps helped to achieve more.

[1] http://soci.sf.net
[2] http://boostcon.boost.org/program/previous-years/2009-program/
[3]