Subject: [boost] build error in Release branch
From: Barend Gehrels (barend_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-01-15 12:24:50

Hi,

I get a build error in the release branch:
.../release/tools/build/v2/build/project.jam:266: unbalanced parentheses

I just looked for differences in Trunk and Release and indeed that line
differs. I updated the file conform trunk, locally, and I can build now.

I then get the message:

warning: mismatched versions of Boost.Build engine and core
warning: Boost.Build engine (bjam) is 2011.12.00
warning: Boost.Build core (at
/home/barend/svn/boost/release/tools/build/v2) is 2011.04-svn

So this might be my problem (not sure).

However I'm normally using only one bjam, copying it to /usr/local/bin,
but this time I cannot do that...

Should I use different bjam's for Trunk/Release versions?
Is this a known problem / will this be solved?

Regards, Barend