Subject: Re: [boost] [thread] Can't use boost/thread/mutex.hpp without boost_system
From: Vicente J. Botet Escriba (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-01-22 17:57:19

Le 22/01/12 23:24, Ion Gaztañaga a écrit :
> El 22/01/2012 23:01, Beman Dawes escribió:
>> Right. Including windows.h is a non-starter in a header.
>
> Boost.DateTime, Thread and Inteprocess have some windows.h
> predeclarations, but then we have some warnings about C linkage
> functions:
>
> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/6145
>
> It could be a good idea to put some common windows.h predeclarations
> in a boost::detail file and avoid those warnings.

Boost.Chrono is using the files in boost/detail/win32. Please be free to
use them if they are useful to you and complete them as needed. There
are some test in libs/chrono/test/win32.cpp.

While I made a patch to make Boost.System header-only more than 1 year
ago I made use of them. The main issue was what is the expected API when
working on cygwin platform.

Best,
Vicente