Subject: Re: [boost] [thread] Can't use boost/thread/mutex.hpp without boost_system
From: Vicente Botet (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-01-23 10:37:24

Beman Dawes wrote

> On Sun, Jan 22, 2012 at 6:03 PM, Vicente J. Botet Escriba
> <vicente.botet@> wrote:
>>... Please, can you take a look at this thread
>> http://boost.2283326.n4.nabble.com/system-chrono-header-only-libs-tt2992903.html?
>> I proposed in it a patch to make Boost.System header-only, and I gues it
>> avoid all these concerns.
>
> That thread ends by you saying "I will try to manage with the
> inclusion of <windows.h> as proposed by Anthony, following the way is
> done in &lt;boost/thread/win32/thread_primitives.hpp&gt;. "

This was not the last message. I see one from 06/Jan/2011 on which you say
"Vicente Botet's header-only option for Boost.System is mostly working,
and will be ready to commit to trunk soon."

I don't remember exactly why we didn't do the commit, I need to check the
private mails I exchanged with you.

> Have you now done that? Did you run into any problems? What testing
> have you done?

Anyway, the last state I know of is on the sandbox

http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/chrono/boost/system/detail/inlined/

and
http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/chrono/libs/system/src/

I guess that I run the regression test on Boost.System. Maybe the test
should be extended to other libraries using Boost.System.

Best,
Vicente