Subject: Re: [boost] [thread] Can't use boost/thread/mutex.hpp without boost_system
From: Vicente Botet (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-01-23 18:56:05

Beman Dawes wrote

> On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 10:37 AM, Vicente Botet
> <vicente.botet@>wrote:
>

>> Beman Dawes wrote

>> http://boost.2283326.n4.nabble.com/system-chrono-header-only-libs-tt2992903.html
>> ?
>> it
>> >
>> > That thread ends by you saying "I will try to manage with the
>> > inclusion of <windows.h> as proposed by Anthony, following the way is
>> > done in &lt;boost/thread/win32/thread_primitives.hpp&gt;. "
>> >

>> This was not the last message. I see one from 06/Jan/2011 on which you
>> say
>> "Vicente Botet's header-only option for Boost.System is mostly working,
>> and will be ready to commit to trunk soon."
>>
>> I don't remember exactly why we didn't do the commit, I need to check the
>> private mails I exchanged with you.
>>

> Hum... Maybe that's the source of the vague memory I have of a problem
> with
> some client library.
>

>> > Have you now done that? Did you run into any problems? What testing
>> > have you done?
>> >

>> Anyway, the last state I know of is on the sandbox
>>
>> http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/chrono/boost/system/detail/inlined/
>>
>> and
>> http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/chrono/libs/system/src/
>>
>> I guess that I run the regression test on Boost.System. Maybe the test
>> should be extended to other libraries using Boost.System.
>>

> I'm hesitant to volunteer, with the Kona C++ committee meeting less than
> two weeks away, but if you send me patches against trunk I'll try them
> here.

Hi,

I have created a ticket so that I don't forget again
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/6442.

The ticket as attached two patches to apply to the boost/system and
libs/system directories.

I have done some test on a windows machine (Boost.System, Chrono, Thread). I
will continue tomorrow with other libraries and platforms.

Best,
Vicente