Subject: [boost] Scoped Enum Emulation
From: Joshua Boyce (raptorfactor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-01-24 12:06:02

I'm currently updating some of my code to take advantage of C++0x features
where available, but I also want to retain backwards compatibility with
C++03. I was looking at scoped enums and noticed a thread on the mailing
list by Beman Dawes discussing a scoped enum emulation implementation for
Boost. I see that it's currently being used by Boost, and resides in
/boost/detail/scoped_enum_emulation.hpp.

My question is, why is this an implementation detail? Would it be possible
for it to be moved to Boost.Config with the other 'helper' macros
like BOOST_CONSTEXPR?

Obviously it's not hard to reimplement, but I figured that it would be
useful to other library users, so it would be best (imo) if it were moved
somewhere public, rather than being hidden away.

Thanks.