Subject: Re: [boost] [random] parallel random number generators
From: John Salmon (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-01-25 14:55:02

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 2:38 PM, Thijs (M.A.) van den Berg
<thijs_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> We are looking for a parallel random number generator for a distributed
> Monte Carlo project. I've heard stories that this was going to be part of
> boost soon, but when trying to find more info I failed to find anything.
>
> Is there any development activity on parallel random number generators in
> boost?

A couple of weeks ago, I asked if there was interest in a parallel RNG in
boost.
Here's a pointer to my original post:.

Our paper on parallel random number generators is here:
http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?doid=2063405
also available at
http://www.thesalmons.org/john/random123/papers/random123sc11.pdf

Source (non-boost) is available here:
http://deshawresearch.com/resources_random123.html

And software that might be a starting point for a boost contribution is
here:
http://thesalmons.org/john/random123/prf_boost/prf_boost.zip

Feedback is appreciated.

John Salmon