Subject: Re: [boost] [1.49.0] Beta 1 release candidates available
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-01-26 08:24:54

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 2:04 PM, Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Release candidate files for 1.49.0 beta 1 are available at
> http://boost.cowic.de/rc/
>
> As always, the release managers would appreciate it if you download
> the candidate of your choice and give building it a try. Please report
> both success and failure, and anything else that is noteworthy.

On one hand, there have been an abnormally large number of build
failure reports.

On the other hand, most (if not all) seem to be user configuration
issues rather than anything wrong with the beta itself.

So on balance it seems OK to release the beta. I'll wait another 4
hours (IE until 12 noon eastern US time) to see if anyone disagrees,
and then do the beta release.

--Beman