Subject: [boost] [strings][unicode] Proposals for Improved String Interoperability in a Unicode World
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-01-28 11:46:25

Beman.github.com/string-interoperability/interop_white_paper.html
describes Boost components intended to ease string interoperability in
general and Unicode string interoperability in particular.

These proposals are the Boost version of the TR2 proposals made in
N3336, Adapting Standard Library Strings and I/O to a Unicode World.
See http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2012/n3336.html.

I'm very interested in hearing comments about either the Boost or the
TR2 proposal. Are these useful additions? Is there a better way to
achieve the same easy interoperability goals?

Where is the best home for the Boost proposals? A separate library?
Part of some existing library?

Are these proposals orthogonal to the need for deeper Unicode
functionality, such as Mathias Gaunard's Unicode components?

--Beman