Subject: [boost] [Boost.Asio] Asio is using Boost.Chrono for 1.49?
From: Christian Hägele (haegele_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-01-30 03:30:26

Hello,

as I looked through the changes for Boost.Asio with boost 1.49 I noticed
that it looks like Boost.Chrono's steady_clock is used for timers (when
std::chrono is not available).
First of all that very nice, because steady_clock is not affected by
change of the system-time. However I think there is a major problem on
windows.
On windows there are some problems with QueryPerformancecoutner in
multi-processor systems (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/274323). There is
also a comment in boost/chrono/system_clocks.hpp about this issue and no
real solution provided.

Is that problem solved by now? If not will the better choice be to stick
with the old system-time implementation until std::chrono is supported on
MSVC? Or is this problem rather a minor problem and can be ignored?

Regards,

Christian