Subject: Re: [boost] [move] new rvalue reference emulation
From: Dave Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-01-30 13:44:43

on Mon Jan 23 2012, "Jeffrey Lee Hellrung, Jr." <jeffrey.hellrung-AT-gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 10:16 AM, Vicente J. Botet Escriba <
> vicente.botet_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> at least, I'm guessing thread is pimpl'ed

Reading this surprised me so much that I had to look for myself, and
indeed it does seem to be pimpl'ed. My understanding was that the
move-only threading components were designed so that they could be
implemented as efficiently as possible, without dynamic allocation, and
I wonder why Boost's implementation would be less efficient.

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing