Subject: Re: [boost] [interprocess] utf8 file names in memory mapped files
From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-01-30 18:06:38

El 30/01/2012 14:36, Thorsten Ottosen escribió:
> It would be great if we could support utf8 encoded file names on windows
> too.
>
> I guess all it requires is a utility function that converts from utf8 to
> utf16 on windows. Such a function is avaiable in the windows API, and I
> can supply it.

No, I need to change all internals and windows api to use wide strings
instead of narrow ones. I guess I could use boost::filesystem::path or
similar instead of raw strings (after all, named objects use something
similar to paths), but I also need to be backwards compatible and write
some maintainable code, supporting also wide strings in Unix platforms.
Suggestions welcome.

Ion