Subject: [boost] GSoC idea on Geometry library
From: sultana rashid (sultana.buet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-08 02:49:19

Hello,
I have several ideas on some libraries.Today I present on Geometry library.

*1.Conics:*
I did not found *conics* in Geometry library.Ellipse,parabola,hyperbola
concept is very useful in geometry.Can Boost add some functionality of
conics? as:

1.Area determination of conics
2.Foci determination
3.Major-minor axis
4.Determine whether a point on a conic
5.Focal length,center determination
etc... etc...

Or at least add something on Conic in Concept section?
 If this idea seems useful to you,please let me know.I will describe
details on what I want to do about Conic section in Geometry library.

*2. **Convex HUll: *There is only one algorithm implemented .We can
implement *Gift wrapping*<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gift_wrapping_algorithm>
*O*(*nh*) ; *Divide and conquer* *O*(*n* log *n*) or *Chan's
algorithm*<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chan%27s_algorithm>
*O*(*n* log *h*). Jarvis march ,Chan's algo are output sensitive.These are
useful when we can assume that the result will not be too large.

Thanking you,
Sultana