Subject: Re: [boost] quickbook abuse without boostbook
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-08 14:15:36

On 8 February 2012 18:54, Andreas Pokorny <andreas.pokorny_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hi,
> My company is using docbook for end user documentation and to some
> degree also for design documentation. Since docbook is nothing anyone
> seems to be fond of writing, I now started looking into quickbook. The
> features that attract me the most are the neat syntax and
> programmability. The docbook environment that I am supposed to use is
> based on a different docbook version, than the one referenced in
> boostbook. So at the moment I have an xml file containing the book and
> booinfo header containing our corporate design foobar and disclaimer
> stuff. Then each chapter is referenced. The chapters are written in
> quickbook as chapter documents. When running the toolchain, it
> complains that it could not find the boostbook dtd - probably because
> downloading of dtd is disable, or fails because of our proxy. Is there
> a way to surpress the DOCTYPE tag within the chapter xml output files?

No, but it'd be easy to implement. Maybe a command line option:

quickbook --doctype none
quickbook --doctype docbook
quickbook --doctype boostbook

If you like that idea, can you submit a ticket to trac so that I don't
forget? A future version might even warn if you use boostbook features
in a docbook document.