Subject: [boost] PCL - Portable C++ Library
From: Fernando Pelliccioni (fpelliccioni_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-09 13:30:18

Hi all,

( Maybe it's an OFF-TOPIC (Sorry) )

At the GoingNative2012 conference, Herb Sutter said that the main
disadvantage of C++ today is the lack of a standard library (like dotNet or
Java frameworks)
He called people to propose additions, like REST Webservices, Async I/O,
XML/JSON, ...

On the other hand, a member of the public claimed for a desired feature for
C++.
The answer (can't remember if it was Herb or Bjarne) was to send the paper
to WG21 and attend committee meetings to defend his proposal.
This is what almost everyone already know about the way WG21 works.

I'm not a member of the Committee, or of any company/organization that has
an interest in it (Boost, Google, Microsoft, Apple,...)
The question is, how I can do to attend meetings?
I have no time available or money to pay me the trip myself.
Consequently, I see no possibility to attend meetings, then, I have no
possibility to defend an idea. Am I wrong?

Perhaps this question is for the Committee members (Beman, Dave, Andrew ...)
Is there a way to send a proposal and defend it without having to attend
meetings?

On the other hand, I would like to have access to the discussions (mailing
list). or... Is it just for members?

Thanks and best regards,
Fernando Pelliccioni.