Subject: Re: [boost] PCL - Portable C++ Library
From: Christof Donat (cd_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-10 04:24:20

Hi,

> In my country's colleges and universities, C++ is in process to be
> replaced as a teaching and project developement language because
> there
> is no single place which could provide basic libraries for simple
> domains.

I understand, that you aare looking for a standard. If you were just
looking for a solution, I'd propose to look into Qt. It has not only a
lot of GUI stuff, but a pretty well designed foundation library as well,
which also includes e.g. an XML parser. Yet it is not really well
integrated with the standard library, let alone boost, though the Qt
developers obviously are trying to improve on that.

Maybe a good Idea could be to try and get a cooperation with the Qt
developers going, that aims to remove Qts dependencies on language
Extensions (Object Meta Information and their own signal-slot mechanism)
and replace them with solutions that are completelly done with C++11,
like e.g. boost signals2 library. When that is successfull, the result
could be a great set of new boost libraries.

Similarly an adoption of solutions like e.g. CPPCMS for web
applications would also be a good Idea.

Christof

--
okunah gmbh                                  Software nach Maß
Werner-Haas-Str. 8                               www.okunah.de