Subject: Re: [boost] PCL - Portable C++ Library
From: Christof Donat (cd_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-10 08:19:05

Hi,

>> Maybe a good Idea could be to try and get a cooperation with the Qt
>> developers going, that aims to remove Qts dependencies on language
>> Extensions (Object Meta Information and their own signal-slot
>> mechanism)
>> and replace them with solutions that are completelly done with
>> C++11,
>> like e.g. boost signals2 library.
>
> The Qt developers don't want to.

So I guess, you have asked them. That would be a reason to try and
produce something new that can compete with Qt and fits better into the
standard environment. Is there any interest in here to look into what we
could learn from their design?

Christof

--
okunah gmbh                                  Software nach Maß
Werner-Haas-Str. 8                               www.okunah.de