Subject: Re: [boost] [optional] generates unnessesary code for trivial types
From: Brian Wood (woodbrian77_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-13 14:49:57

Andrzej Krzemienski:

> But even that appears like a non-obvious thing to me. Would other people
> here in the list, and also developers in general agree that it is ok that
> you have output operation but no input operation? I think that in the
> standard library they always go in pairs. (I am not sure, though).

I haven't followed this closely, but don't see a problem with
not being symmetrical here. The C++ Middleware Writer (CMW)
has asymmetric support for Boost Range types:

@out (boost::sub_range<std::vector<int32_t> >)

If you omit the @out or write @in on that line, the CMW
gives you an error message that ranges don't support
receive (input) functionality. It only made sense to me
to output via a range so that's all that's supported for now.

--
Brian Wood
Ebenezer Enterprises