Subject: Re: [boost] Adding support for auto in Boost.Foreach
From: paul Fultz (pfultz2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-15 14:00:38

----- Original Message -----

Its much less effort to add support for auto, than to get newer versions of
gcc to compile on older platforms(such as solaris 8 or even 10). Most of the
work is in place(parsing keywords are done and typeof emulations is done),
its just a matter of piecing it together.
Also, auto is only half of the update, the other half, was a way to fix the bug
with commas in a type, which is still a problem on newer compilers(such as
visual2010)