Subject: Re: [boost] [exception] warning about non-virtual destructor - resolution?
From: Emil Dotchevski (emildotchevski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-16 05:25:46

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 1:50 AM, Nathan Ridge <zeratul976_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Or is it the position of the library maintainers that GCC is in error to
> give a warning in this case, in which case I should file a GCC bug?

I do believe that the compiler is in error to warn about this, since
it complains about conscious and correct design decision. Given the
fact that the base destructor is protected, the possibility of an
error is remote at best.

That said, I am have tried to remove all warnings from GCC. The Boost
Exception headers use the system header pragmas which in theory should
inhibit all warnings within the library. Last time I checked that was
the case indeed, including with -Wall.

Thank you for the report, I'll take a look again when time permits.
Can you provide an exact command line?

Thanks,
Emil Dotchevski
Reverge Studios, Inc.