Subject: Re: [boost] [1.49.0] Release candidates available
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-20 15:03:39

On 20 February 2012 18:39, Barend Gehrels <barend_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hi Beman,
>
> On 20-2-2012 19:05, Beman Dawes wrote:
>>
>> Release candidate files for 1.49.0 are available at
>> http://boost.cowic.de/rc/
>>
>> As always, the release managers would appreciate it if you download
>> the candidate of your choice and give building it a try. Please report
>> both success and failure, and anything else that is noteworthy.
>>
>> This helps ensure the candidates build OK before we push them out to
>> SourceForge.
>>

> The Boost.Geometry doc's are from 1.48.
>
> At least, I downloaded the build-release-docs.7z from the site you pointed
> at and they are dated 2011/10/09, and their contents is indeed old, w.r.t.
> Boost.Geometry
>
> For 1.49 we did a substantial update in documentation so I hope it will be
> included. All the qbk files are in the Release branch.
>
> The other files (as far as I can see) do not contain Boost.Geometry doc
> (neither boost-release-docs.7z does)
>
> The folder libs does not contain generated documentation so it is neither
> there.
>
> If I can be of help, please notice me.

It stopped working after changeset 76991, which changed the geometry
script to use a relative path to the b2 executable at the root of
boost, but it isn't there in my setup. I guess this was done to avoid
using trunk b2 with the release branch. The easiest thing to do would
be to change the script to copy b2 into the expected location and run
another documentation build. I'll do that now.