Subject: Re: [boost] [1.49.0] Release candidates available
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-20 16:55:55

On 20 February 2012 21:11, Barend Gehrels <barend_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On 20-2-2012 21:03, Daniel James wrote:
>>
>> On 20 February 2012 18:39, Barend Gehrels<barend_at_[hidden]>  wrote:
>>
>> It stopped working after changeset 76991, which changed the geometry
>> script to use a relative path to the b2 executable at the root of
>> boost, but it isn't there in my setup. I guess this was done to avoid
>> using trunk b2 with the release branch. The easiest thing to do would
>> be to change the script to copy b2 into the expected location and run
>> another documentation build. I'll do that now.
>
> Thanks for your answer and for your action.

I've run the build again, can you check it? (boost-release-docs.7z).

> I'm very sorry about that - indeed bjam causes big problems at my system on
> the release branch - it does not work anymore (because of project.jam). I've
> complained about that on this list but it seems I'm the only one, which I
> cannot imagine. Running b2 from release branch is fine - which is the cause
> of the change.

I've had the same problem.

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.build/24525/

I think Steven's solution would work, but no one has implemented it. I
should probably create a ticket.

> Anyway - sorry about breaking it that way, I should have been more careful.
> Thanks for taking action.
>
> What's the best next step? Can it stay like it is or should I revert it?

If the updated build script worked fine then leave it.

It might be useful to check the return value from the call and exit
with an error status if appropriate, that will hopefully cause the
build script to fail so that we'd catch this kind of thing earlier. I
might also add a check that certain files have been created.