Subject: Re: [boost] [1.49] Release candidate PDF doc build available
From: Barend Gehrels (barend_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-23 13:49:04

Hi John,

Thanks for your research.

On 23-2-2012 11:31, John Maddock wrote:
>> So herewith the alternative version. This is in fact the Trunk version
>> but contains the (original) reference to bjam.
>
> OK, I've found the issue with the geometry docs: in your indexes you
> have a table entry for "1-dimensional (adapted)" which itself contains
> another table.... but that table is completely empty. Down the line
> this produces the FO:
>
> <fo:table id="id733492" space-before.optimum="1em"
> space-before.minimum="0.8em" space-before.maximum="1.2em"
> table-layout="fixed" width="100%">
> <fo:table-column column-number="1"
> column-width="proportional-column-width(1)"/>
> <fo:table-body start-indent="0pt" end-indent="0pt"/>
> </fo:table>
>
> Which is invalid XML and gets rejected by XEP.
>
> Am I correct in thinking there should really be something in that
> table anyway?

Yes and no, there are currently no explicitly 1-dimensional adapted
features. There are (adaptors for Boost.Ranges) but they are for both
polygon (2-dim) and linestring (1-rim) and their documentation is still
lacking.

So I removed the simplelist in the Boost Book XML (which is used for the
quick-reference). I merged this (this file only) to the release branch,
so hope you can try it again with this update.

I checked but this was the only empty simplelist (sub-table) in this file.

The strange thing is that this (the empty table) was also the case for
1.47 (where the PDF was generated successfully). Anyway, hope that this
will solve it.

Regards, Barend