Subject: [boost] [gsoc] project ideas
From: Andrew Sutton (asutton.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-26 12:04:10

Just a reminder: if you have project ideas for Google Summer of Code,
please submit them, either to me or post them here
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/SoC2012 (under "Projects").

I think that this, any project ideas are fair game. I'm not terribly
concerned with completely finishing something over the course of a
single summer or having a goal of getting something into the main
Boost release. I'd like to foster long-term participation in the Boost
community, and I'd like to see more ambition in the kinds of problems
we want students to tackle. Proposals for XML, some aspects of a UI
library (whatever that entails), user input library (mice, raw-mode
key input, touch, and physical sensors?), networking and protocol
standards, etc. should be fair game. We can always set reasonable
summer-long expectations for more ambitious projects.

Obviously, short-term projects are fine -- I'm linking to Feature
Requests as a source of project proposals -- but I hope that won't be
the only kind of project proposed. If you have ideas, please post them
earlier rather than later..

Thanks,

Andrew