Subject: Re: [boost] Is there interest in static code analysis?
From: Antony Polukhin (antoshkka_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-29 12:18:12

2012/2/29 Phil Endecott <spam_from_boost_dev_at_[hidden]>:
> Anthony, did you search the mailing list archive for "coverity"?  See e.g.
> this thread:
>
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/185556/focus=185588
> (and try to ignore the 75% of the posts that aren't helpful...)

I was talking here about the exactly same tool. In thread that you
supported no clear answer to shall we use it or not.

There are some remarks about the license, but I`m not a lawyer and can
tell nothing about the license. Only thing I know, is that in some
countries such licenses are void, exactly because of the "we can
change the license at any time, without your permission" paragraph. I
also see, that the Linux kernel uses that tool, and as I know a lot of
lawyers cooperate with linux kernel project.

Has someone contacts with good lawyers? Is license safe?

Best regards,
Antony Polukhin