Subject: Re: [boost] [config] std::unique_ptr, std::ref detection?
From: John Maddock (boost.regex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-01 11:55:23

>> I'd prefer not to get too fine grained about this if possible, but are
>> these the only additions to those headers? If so how about
>> BOOST_NO_0X_HDR_MEMORY and BOOST_NO_0X_HDR_FUNCTIONAL which would mirror
>> the existing macros fairly closely?
>
> No, these are not the only additions; <memory> has at least shared_ptr and
> weak_ptr in C++11, and <functional> has function, bind, mem_fn, hash. But
> it looks workable enough. I agree that adding a macro for each and every
> addition would get unwieldy.

OK, here's what I propose to add unless there are objections about the
names:

BOOST_NO_0X_HDR_FUNCTIONAL - std lib doesn't have a complete implementation
of <functional>, MSVC and gcc/libstdc++ seem to have added all the new
features here on mass, so this seems reasonable.
BOOST_NO_0X_SMART_PTR - no shared_ptr and unique_ptr.
BOOST_NO_0X_ATOMIC_SMART_PTR - no atomic operations on smart pointers.
BOOST_NO_0X_ALLOCATOR - no C++0x allocator support (allocator_traits etc).

Cheers, John.