Subject: Re: [boost] Is there interest in a reusable stream-based console?
From: Julien Nitard (julien.nitard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-04 04:17:07

Hi,

> I’ve recently started to design a header-only reusable console-class
> that’s based on std::iostream. It can be customized by adding a variable
> amount of “commands”. The implementation is currently based on std::stream
> and may support any compatible stream as input and output.
>

> Is there any interest in adding such a library to boost?

I find this interesting. I have a few questions ideas:
 - Does it interop with boost.program_options ? It would be nice to be able
to trigger behaviour from the command line or the console in a unified way.
 - How would passing parameters to the said functions work ?
 - It would be fine to be able to read a list of commands from a file for
having a small script languages.

Regards,

Julien