Subject: [boost] [thread] Jamfile issue
From: Emil Dotchevski (emildotchevski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-10 16:13:59

Hello,

In my own Jamfile targets, if I refer to Boost Thread as:

alias thread : $(boost)//thread ;

I get:

error: No best alternative for boost_1_48_0/libs/thread/build/thread_sources
    next alternative: required properties: <threadapi>win32 <threading>multi
        not matched
    next alternative: required properties: <threadapi>pthread
<threading>multi
        not matched

I could do this instead:

alias thread : $(boost)//thread/<threadapi>win32 ;

But that clumsy, I'd be dispatching between POSIX and WIN32 configurations,
which ideally should be done internally by Boost Thread's Jamfile.

Is there a better way to refer to Boost Thread?

Emil Dotchevski
Reverge Studios, Inc.