Subject: [boost] [quickbook] Controling the layout of table columns in docbook/fo output
From: Andreas Pokorny (andreas.pokorny_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-12 16:20:00

Hi,
In an earlier thread I mentioned that I am using quickbook to write
software design specification/documentation. The whole document grows
nicely now. Since more people are contributing, I added howto chapters
to the end of the document, including some kind of guided quickbook
skeleton for new chapters and the quickbook documentation itself. The
quickbook documentation creates warnings with fop:
Mar 12, 2012 8:11:46 PM org.apache.fop.events.LoggingEventListener processEvent
WARNING: table-layout="fixed" and column-width unspecified => falling
back to proportional-column-width(1) (See position 1686:869)
Mar 12, 2012 8:11:46 PM org.apache.fop.events.LoggingEventListener processEvent
WARNING: table-layout="fixed" and column-width unspecified => falling
back to proportional-column-width(1) (See position 1686:905)
Mar 12, 2012 8:11:46 PM org.apache.fop.events.LoggingEventListener processEvent
WARNING: table-layout="fixed" and column-width unspecified => falling
back to proportional-column-width(1) (See position 1896:796)

and more. That happens for every table. Inside the documentation about
tables there one containing hello world source. There the proportional
column width makes the source code leave the table and text area of
the page.

Is there a yet undocumented way to control column sizes?

regards
Andreas