Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.Build maintenance
From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-13 11:46:22

Bruno Santos wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I been submitting some patches in trac, but I noticed there's no activity there for boost.build.
> Since I use boost.build extensively and I would like to volunteer as maintainer for it.

Hi Bruno,

being the current Boost.Build maintainer, I will surely appreciate help. The approach we
take is not unlike most other open-source projects -- you submit patches, you get them
checked in, you demonstrate good judgement, you get SVN access, you write bigger and
bigger patches, you get to decide more and more on the future on the project.

Of course, this requires that your patches be checked in the first place. I am sorry
that they were not, but they were submitted on March 8th, which happens to be public
holiday here, as well as 9th. Generally, pinging a patch if there's no response after 7
days tends to work very well.

Also, I shall point out that there's Python port of Boost.Build in progress. The last
big roadblock (Boost.Python support) is being worked on now. So while I'll be happy
for patches against current codebase, I would encourage that you take a look at
Python version and consider helping out there.

Thanks,
Volodya