Subject: Re: [boost] [O/T git and workflows] A couple of questions
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-15 09:25:10

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 5:54 PM, Dave Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> In my world there's no one central boost repo.  There's an "official"
> repo for each individual project in Boost.

I have a worldview that goes like this:

     There's an "official" repo for each individual project in Boost.

     There is also a central boost repo, but it contains only the relatively
     few infrastructure files that apply to Boost as a whole, plus "references"
     to the official repos for the individual projects. The exact form of the
     "references" is immaterial to this world view, although certainly critical
     to the mechanics of how the central repo is used.

Is that just a slightly more detailed version of your worldview, or do
you literally mean "no one central boost repo"? If you literally mean
that, I'm lost. How would any person or process know what's a part of
Boost?

--Beman