Subject: Re: [boost] [range] adaptors and member functions pointers
From: paul Fultz (pfultz2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-16 10:41:28

I agree that adding overloads for member function pointers can cause
combinatorial explosion. However, support could be added for member
function pointers by adding a get_callable function, that would return the
function object itself if its a function object, or return a wrapped function

object for member function pointers. Then get_callable is called before
passing the function to the iterator or algorithm. Then you can use a

metafunction for the adaptors. So you would write this:

transformed_range<R, typename result_of_get_callable<F>::type>

instead of:

transformed_range<R, F>