Subject: [boost] [random] status on discard(), PRF, and SOC2010 quasi-random
From: thijs_at_[hidden]
Date: 2012-03-18 14:11:42

I was wondering what the status is on implementing the discard() functionality in random engines? Eg for MT these is a constant time algorithm, is there work being done on that?

Another thing I found in the sandbox is a Sobol and Fauré quasi-random sequence random engine. Is that planned for inclusion? Those too have constant time discard() algorithms.

A fast discard() is something we need for parallel random number generation, it will allow us to have independent random streams via discarding.

Finally I've also used an trial PRF engine posted here, and I liked it a lot. What is the status of that random engine?

Thanks!
Thijs