Subject: Re: [boost] [git] Mercurial?
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-20 02:15:23

On 3/19/2012 6:22 PM, John Wiegley wrote:

>> More attention from the community, more support, more tools work with it,
>> more money behind it, more people will be familiar with it in the long run,
>> etc., etc.
>
> Example: compare the number of commercial tools for working with Git, compared
> to those available for working with Mercurial. On OS X along I can use:
> SourceTree, Tower, GitHub, GitBox, GitDiary, QuickHub, Octopus, and that's
> only the commercial tools!

The argument could also be made that the number of alternate Git tools
available speaks to the lack of good tools for it. As people keep trying
to make the "better" tool for dealing with it.

Not sure how you searched.. But mercurial has a page listing some of the
tools available for it <http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/OtherTools>.
Seems like a rich set of external tools to me.

> By contrast, if I search for "mercurial" in the AppStore, I can only use
> SourceTree (which works with both).

I don't see how searching in a mobile device application store is
relevant. Did you mean something else?

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything