Subject: [boost] [scope_exit] trunk tests fail on sun compiler
From: lcaminiti (lorcaminiti_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-24 11:54:35

Hello all,

I'm trying to get ScopeExit to work on Sun.

1) First it looked like all tests fail on this compiler:
http://www.boost.org/development/tests/trunk/developer/scope_exit.html

2) However, I installed Solaris Studio 12.3 on my Ubuntu 10 and it seems
that I can compile ScopeExit just fine with the following"

$ CC -I /usr/include/i386-linux-gnu/ -I ../../.. -DBOOST_TYPEOF_EMULATION
world_seq.cpp

Note that:
a) Sun does not support variadic macros so only ScopeExit sequence syntax
will work.
b) Sun does not support native type-of so BOOST_TYPEOF_EMULATION needs to be
defined.

Therefore, all original ScopeExit type-of emulation tests named
`emulation_...` should compile (because they use the sequence syntax and
define BOOST_TYPEOF_EMULATION). However, they fail... why?

3) Why when I click on the "fail" link for these tests I get no information
on the Sun compiler's output?

For example:
http://www.boost.org/development/tests/trunk/developer/output/Sandia-sun-boost-bin-v2-libs-scope_exit-test-emulation-test-sun-5-10-debug-address-model-64-link-static-stdlib-sun-stlport.html

If I follow this link I get "Error extracting file: No matching files were
found.". What does this mean?

Thanks a lot!
--Lorenzo