Subject: [boost] [config] Why does BOOST_NO_STD_LOCALE imply BOOST_NO_STD_WSTREAMBUF?
From: Yechezkel Mett (ymett.on.boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-25 08:19:08

I have found the following in config/suffix.hpp:

//
// We can't have a working std::wstreambuf if there is no std::locale:
//
# if defined(BOOST_NO_STD_LOCALE) && !defined(BOOST_NO_STD_WSTREAMBUF)
# define BOOST_NO_STD_WSTREAMBUF
# endif

What is the reasoning behind this?

My problem is that I am using Windows CE 6.0 with the supplied
standard library, and it has no <locale>, yet still seems to provide a
working wstreambuf. The effect is that I can't get boost::wformat,
which is annoying, considering that the WinCE API uses only wide
characters. I have checked that removing this line works.

Is there any way to undefine BOOST_NO_STD_WSTREAMBUF without modifying
the source?

Yechezkel Mett