Subject: Re: [boost] how to mark a test "fail*"
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-25 17:06:48

On 25 March 2012 21:31, lcaminiti <lorcaminiti_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Expected regression test failures are marked with "fail*" and give an
> explanation for why the failure is expected:
> http://www.boost.org/development/tests/trunk/developer/output/Sandia-intel-10-1-boost-bin-v2-libs-scope_exit-test-emulation_tpl-test-intel-linux-10-1-debug-link-static.html
>
> How do I add an explanation for a new expected failure? Is there some
> documentation on this process?

You need to add the details to 'status/explicit-failures-markup.xml'.
I don't know if it's documented anywhere, but hopefully you can copy
the format from other libraries. You can use an asterisk at the end of
toolset names to match different variants - but it only works at the
end. There are instructions at the beginning of the file for
validating your changes.