Subject: Re: [boost] [filesystem] Heads up; filesystem in trunk unstable while V2 removed
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-26 16:18:24

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 10:16 AM, Sebastian Redl
<sebastian.redl_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On 26.03.2012 15:18, Beman Dawes wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 8:25 AM, Beman Dawes<bdawes_at_[hidden]>  wrote:
>>>
>>> To ensure that history is preserved, the removal of version 2 will be
>>> done as three commits. Filesystem in trunk will be unstable during
>>> until all three commits are completed. Hopefully this will take less
>>> than an hour.
>>>
>>> I'll post a notice when complete.
>>
>> Completed. Tests passing on Windows. Linux being checked now.
>>
> This prompted me to port my project to v3, and I promptly ran into this bug:
> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/5118

Grrr... I should have fixed that a long time ago...

I kept trying to specify the function in terms of Postcondition, and
kept getting myself tied up in knots.

Here is a new spec rewritten as an Effects clause:

Effects:
* Any existing extension() is removed from the stored path, then
* iff new_extension is not empty and does not begin with a dot
character, a dot character is appended to the stored path, then
* new_extension is appended to the stored path.

That seem clearer to me than the previous wording, and corrects the
missing removal of any existing extension(). Does it look OK to you?

I'm working on test cases now, and will commit as soon as they are
done and passing.

Thanks,

--Beman