Subject: Re: [boost] [git] Mercurial?
From: dag_at_[hidden]
Date: 2012-03-27 12:59:51

Julian Gonggrijp <j.gonggrijp_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Just because I could think of a way, here's a "cut your fingernails
> with a chainsaw" approach (excellent formulation by the way). Using
> multiple git repositories:

I'm setting up something very similar to this in the "real world" and
it's working so far. It's not pretty at all but it does allow
developers to work on a modular project in git. We don't have the
additional complexity of re-merging two modular subtrees into a third
subtree but that's almost incidental.

Again, I really wouldn't recommend this for Boost, where the community
has the power to switch entirely to git (or mercurial, or whatever).
git-svn really hampers a lot of stuff.

                             -Dave