Subject: Re: [boost] [guideline] 31 character filenames?
From: Felipe Magno de Almeida (felipe.m.almeida_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-28 10:21:46

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 11:16 AM, Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 9:52 AM, Felipe Magno de Almeida
> <felipe.m.almeida_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> Solaris tar can't unpack the tar available for download because of path size.
>
> Interesting. Do you know if that is because of a Solaris limit on path
> size or because of a limit imposed by a particular file system? What
> file system are you using?

It is because tar from solaris doesn't handle a extension to the tar format
that allows path names of unlimited size.
I had to use gtar to uncompress. It did but it complained a lot of the gid_t
number being (uint32_t)-1 and being out of its limits of
[std::numeric_limits<int32_t>::min(), std::numeric_limits<int32_t>::max()]
and returned a process return different of 0. Since it was a automated script
I changed to using the zip file.

It is not a limitation of the filesystem, since unzip works flawlessly.

> Thanks,
>
> --Beman

Regards,

--