Subject: Re: [boost] [container][memory] Request to move allocator_arg_t and uses_allocator to a memory related file.
From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-31 17:24:17

El 31/03/2012 14:48, Vicente J. Botet Escriba escribió:
> Have you a plan to add these definitions at the boost level?

I don't think we should modify anything at boost level before reaching
consensus on the mailing as it might potentially affect many users.

<memory> includes scoped_allocator_adaptor, should we add it?
boost::container::scoped_allocator_adaptor is dependent on many
boost.container and boost.intrusive, so it does not seem a good idea
(maybe we are missing a boost.allocator library). It also includes smart
pointers, uninitialized_xxx functions, allocator_traits... Another
option is to define uses_allocator.hpp, allocator_arg.hpp, etc.

We'll have the same problem with many C++11 features to be backported to
C++03 compilers so a general rule should be discussed in the mailing list.

Best,

Ion