Subject: Re: [boost] [Locale] VC11 Regressions
From: Joshua Boyce (raptorfactor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-04-02 03:25:07

On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 6:58 PM, Artyom Beilis <artyomtnk_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> - Can you please give me a stack trace on the point it crashes?
> - Also what version of OS do you run (XP/Vista/7/8)?
> - Is this 32 or 64 bit build?
> - Any other tests failing?
> - Do you compile with ICU if yes what version?
>

> Thanks!
>
> Artyom Beilis

1.

Stack trace:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/74751/cpp/boost/logs/locale-windbg-vc11-20120402-1711.txt

Note that I had to copy across the locale and system DLLs as the binary
won't run directly from the test directory without them in the PATH
(Boost.Test takes care of this normally, but I just wanted to run it direct
from WinDbg).

2.

I run Windows 7 x64 (completely up to date with all service packs and
updates).

3.

I explicitly specified 32-bit this time.

4.

Ran the tests again after explicitly setting: "toolset=msvc11.0
address-model=32 runtime-link=shared". Please see the log for failing tests:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/74751/cpp/boost/logs/locale-test-vc11-20120402-1713.txt

Note that some of the extra compile spew may be omitted because I compiled
Boost first, then the tests, so all that was required when running the
Locale tests was to compile and link the tests, rather than also compile
Locale and System as I did last time.

5. I don't compile with ICU.

On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 8:44 PM, Artyom Beilis <artyomtnk_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Is there any chance that static runtime used instead of dynamic?
>
> Because it seems that there are many failures, looks like
> the facets are not installed, and this mostly caused by
> inconsistent dynamic/statlic linking.

The above logs were generated after explicitly specifying
'runtime-link=shared' this time...

Also, I have confirmed with dumpbin that both the Boost.Locale DLL and the
test are dynamic linking to the CRT. Proof:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/74751/cpp/boost/logs/locale-dll-imports-vc11-20120402-1522.txt
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/74751/cpp/boost/logs/locale-test-imports-vc11-20120402-1522.txt

Thanks for looking into this.