Subject: Re: [boost] [test] Am I supposed to be able to use std::wstring in BOOST_CHECK_EQUAL?
From: Michael Kochetkov (michael.kv_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-04-02 11:26:34

> Hi why would you use wstring anyway?
I do not want to deal with iconv, icu or something like this (due to the
cost of development, cost of QA, reliability, etc). So I use UCS2. It
supports much more languages then ASCII (I do not care about the languages
that do not fit in it), it is very simple. I use std::wstring just instead
of std::string.

Yes, I know that gnu g++ and it's standard library and the boost have some
problems with std::wstring but MS is really good with all that C++ quirks
like wstring, wchar_t, wfstream, codecvt and etc. So my gcc builds just
"narrow" strings on outputs and support English only. As far as the Windows
is much larger market than anything else this approach suits me for many
years.

--
Michael Kochetkov