Subject: Re: [boost] [Review Request] Multiprecision Arithmetic Library
From: Christopher Kormanyos (e_float_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-04-03 15:44:37

>> Well, I did work out 8 examples for the original publication

>> in the ACM. We could adapt some of these for big_number
>> to lend a more example-oriented quick start to the hands-on user.

>Good thinking - I just pinched example 3, and reworked it here: http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/big_number/libs/multiprecision/doc/html/boost_multiprecision/tut/floats/jel.html
>John.

While researching generic numeric programming, I recently added two
examples to my catalog that I find quite intuitive while remaining non-trivial,
and while still retaining example-like fashion. These are a generic
function derivative using a 3-point central difference rule
and a generic recursive trapezoid numerical integration.
I will work out the codes on the weekend and jot down
descriptive notes.

Looks like the Easter Bunny is hiding algorithms now!

Best regards,
Chris