Subject: [boost] [svn/git/hg] Support for modularization of Boost?
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-04-03 18:13:49

As far as I can see, scaling Boost up to a much larger number of
libraries implies decentralization and decoupling, probably in the
form of per-library modules or something similar.

Modularization seems to have been missed in the discussions of
Subversion, Git, and Mercurial. Do distributed version control systems
in general and Git in particular have any important
advantages/disadvantages over svn for highly modularized projects?

Please, let's not waste everyone's time with a rehash of general DCVS
vs CCVS pros and cons. We have beat that to death. Let's focus this
thread on modularization support, particularly as it applies to Boost.

Thanks,

--Beman