Subject: Re: [boost] Slow Bugs Tracker
From: Dave Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-04-07 09:19:05

on Fri Mar 23 2012, Olaf van der Spek <ml-AT-vdspek.org> wrote:

> Dave, Rene,
>
> What has been done already?
> Performance analysis of current situation?
> What other issue tracker improvement requests exist?
> IIRC Dave came up with Redmine. Was this discussed already? Might
> another tracker / solution be better?

I'm sorry, I thought I already posted this reply but I don't see it
here.

We've heard from people who say they've never seen a Trac installation
with good performance. However...

IMO it will not be productive to go through an extensive analysis of the
current performance, a review of other issue tracker improvement
requests, or a survey of other tracker technologies. What we need is
improved performance, ASAP. The only way to know how Redmine will
perform in practice for Boost is to try it.

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing