Subject: Re: [boost] Slow Bugs Tracker
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-04-08 16:54:31

Steven Watanabe wrote:
> AMDG
>
> On 04/08/2012 09:55 AM, Olaf van der Spek wrote:
>> On Sat, Apr 7, 2012 at 3:19 PM, Dave Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm sorry, I thought I already posted this reply but I don't see it
>>> here.
>>>
>>> We've heard from people who say they've never seen a Trac
>>> installation with good performance. However...
>>>
>>> IMO it will not be productive to go through an extensive analysis
>>> of the current performance, a review of other issue tracker
>>> improvement requests, or a survey of other tracker technologies.
>>> What we need is improved performance, ASAP. The only way to know
>>> how Redmine will perform in practice for Boost is to try it.
>>
>> Beman,
>>
>> Is this ok with the steering committee?
>>

> I can't speak for anyone else, but
> throwing something in and hoping it
> helps is most certainly not okay with me.

+1

Personally, I love the functionality of Trac. I also depend upon it
for maintaining the history of all the bugs I've had to deal with. So
any change is not to be taken lightly. I agree it's slow, but it's
not so slow that it holds me up or creates any big problem for me.

I haven't followed this discussion so I don't know anything about
the way Trac is hosted, who manages it and/or what kind of action
they've undertaken to address the situation. And I've never even
heard of Redmine so I can't add anything constructive to the
discussion.

Robert Ramey