Subject: Re: [boost] [test] Fixtures from file
From: Jürgen Hunold (jhunold_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-04-10 05:59:35

Hi Alexander,

On Saturday, 7. April 2012 13:27:21 Alexander Arhipenko wrote:
> I need to open fixture file (e.g. the one that contains initial data
> for testing)
> in a BOOST_AUTO_TEST_CASE.
> Could you please tell:
> * Whether it's possible?

Opening files is possible, you can add them to the commandline and access it
with

namespace utf = boost::unit_test::framework;
utf::master_test_suite().argv
utf::master_test_suite().argc

> * If possible, than what is the most preferable way to do it?

That depends on your use case.

> JFYI:
> We need to have something like python django fixtures.

Interesting article, thanks for the link.
I think you have to code the basic functionality of this yourself into a
(global) Boost.Test fixture. This fixture can setup the needed environment.

Hope this helps,

Yours,

Jürgen

--
* Dipl.-Math. Jürgen Hunold  !
* voice: ++49 4257 300       ! Fährstraße 1